steffan.weber

I would love to use the new updated version 3.8, but I would have to re export every animation I have, since we keep updating our games online, again. we are talking years of work, on countless projects, with settings I no longer remember. since all our games are updated at the same time, we would have to upgrade to newest version, then in a mad panic try to find, and re export all of 3 years of animations again. is there another way, please?

it is becoming a problem, and that problem will only grow.

also, what happens the next time you decide to do an update that doesn't support older version of exports, and we are 5, 7 or 9 years in? will you just as calmly ask us to export everything again?
steffan.weber

Nate

puzzler a écrit:It will be great to have some tool to migrate json 3.6 to latest json 3.8 ... is it possible somehow? It's too hard to reexport whole 500 files to latest version. Any solution to simplify life?
You can do all your exports from the command line:
Export - Spine User Guide: Command line
It's not hard to write a script that exports all your project files in one go. Please create a new topic if you'd like assistance with this.
steffan.weber a écrit:I would love to use the new updated version 3.8, but I would have to re export every animation I have, since we keep updating our games online, again. we are talking years of work, on countless projects, with settings I no longer remember. since all our games are updated at the same time, we would have to upgrade to newest version, then in a mad panic try to find, and re export all of 3 years of animations again. is there another way, please?
Sorry, there isn't another way. The JSON data is intended for use at runtime, not for long term storage.

It should not be a terribly difficult problem since there are very few settings for exporting JSON/binary, which is all you need to re-export. You don't need to export your atlases again. However, if you wanted to, for a long time now export settings are stored in the project file, so that is likely easier than you might expect.
steffan.weber a écrit:also, what happens the next time you decide to do an update that doesn't support older version of exports, and we are 5, 7 or 9 years in?
To import data into the editor, you need to use the version of the editor that exported the data. Newer editors do not officially support importing data from older versions, though sometimes that does work coincidentally. You can import the data then save a project file. Once you have a project file, you can open that with any newer version of the editor.
steffan.weber a écrit:will you just as calmly ask us to export everything again?
Whenever you update your runtime version (excluding patch releases, where version numbers are major.minor.patch), you will need to export your project files to JSON or binary again. This can be automated using the command line interface. You can write a script to re-export all your projects at once. If needed you can even write a script to load an old version of Spine, import old data, save a project file, load that project file in a new version of Spine, and do an export.
Nate

Nate

Revenir vers Spine